Adlestrop Press is a trading name for the publishing of books.
- The company supplying the goods is:
Rushton Video Rail Ltd,. Registered Office: 41 Owston Road, Carcroft, Doncaster, DN6 8DA
Registered for VAT 944821803. Company Number 5421566
- The address for Adlestrop Press is: 15 Rycroft, Furzton, Milton Keynes, MK4 1AH
- The e-mail for Adlestrop Press is : email@example.com
- Please note that the contract for supply of goods is made between you (the purchaser) and Rushton Video Rail Ltd (the supplier).
- From hereon, the use of the name Adlestrop Press in these Terms and Conditions refers to the parent body Rushton Video Rail Ltd. as the legal entity in the contract with you, the purchaser.
- Information that you place on this website is put there by you, on the condition that it is only to be used for the purposes of supplying a book or books, videos, maps etc. It will not be passed on to third parties, except those who are authorised in law to demand it.
- We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally to maintain your accounts with us.
- No credit card details are stored on this website; those are with the payment handler. Your details do not come to us – they pass directly to the payment handler. When your payment clears, then it is only the authorisation that is passed to us, so that the goods may be dispatched to you.
- Adlestrop Press reserves the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our discretion.
- Your internet communications with Adlestrop Press and the Adlestrop Press website may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays that happen from time to time on the internet. Adlestrop Press does not hold itself responsible for any loss or detriment that you may place on this website or on its contents.
- Adlestrop Press provides the website and its contents without representations or warranties of any kind, and disclaims all representations and warranties, whether express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness or suitability of the content for any particular purpose.
- The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Liability to Adlestrop Press for inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded by applicable law.
- Adlestrop Press will not be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability, that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of, or damage to, property and claims of third parties.
The Information You Give Us
- To buy a book on the website, you will be registered, and will be asked to choose a contact e-mail address and password. Keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should re-register immediately with a different password if you do feel it has been compromised.
- You are responsible for all sessions and transactions made using the details you have supplied to us.
- If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must inform Adlestrop Press as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Contract Between Us
- As indicated above in Para 1 the contract for purchases made through the website will be with Rushton Video Rail Ltd,. Registered Office: 41 Owston Road, Carcroft, Doncaster, DN6 8DA Company Number 5421566, afterwards now referred to as Adlestrop Press.
- Adlestrop Press must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before the contract is valid. Once payment has been received, your order will be confirmed by e-mail.
- Adlestrop Press acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between yourself and Rushton Video Rail Ltd. Any term/s sought to be imposed by you in your order that do not form part of the paragraphs shown in the Terms and Conditions will not form part of the contract.
- We are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by e-mail. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel altogether.
- You may withdraw your order for goods at any time up to the end of the twenty-first working day after you have received the goods. You do not need to give any reason for withdrawing your order, nor will you have to pay any penalty, but you must observe conditions in Para 4f.
- Please note carefully that you cannot withdraw your order where you have taken the goods you have ordered out of the sealed package in which they were delivered.
- To withdraw your order you must notify Adlestrop Press in writing to the Adlestrop Press address (Para 1c) or by e-mail to email@example.com
- If you have received the goods before you withdraw your order then, unless you have lost your right to withdraw because you have taken the goods out of their sealed package, you must send them back to the Adlestrop Press address at your own cost and risk.
- If the goods supplied were faulty or damaged, you must send the goods back to Adlestrop Press at the return address (Para 1c), at your own cost and risk, as soon as possible – no later than 40 days after the order e-mail.
- Once you have notified Adlestrop Press that you are withdrawing your order, in accordance with the qualifying paragraphs above, any sum debited to Rushton Video Rail Ltd from your credit card will be refunded to your account as soon as possible.
- Summary and Clarification:
- The contract is that upon payment, we send a book to you fit for purpose.
- You may withdraw from the contract, send the book back, and get a refund, up to 21 days after receiving it – but only if the packaging has NOT been opened.
- We are not obliged to refund a book sent, opened and returned, because you didn’t like it.
- Any damaged books must be sent back at your expense for replacement, within 40 days, but subject to the arrangements shown in Para 8.
Availability of goods you order
- Our policy is to dispatch goods ordered within 24 hours by carrier or by mail.
- You may pre-order a book if we believe that delivery is likely within 30 days. If the conditions change to lengthen this period we shall e-mail you with the facts, and you may wait or withdraw at your choice. The rights in Para 4e and 4j apply.
- In the unlikely event of your order having been accepted, and that we are unable to supply, we will immediately refund your credit card and notify you by e-mail. But Adlestrop Press will not be obliged to offer compensation for disappointment suffered.
Delivery of goods to you
- Adlestrop Press will post, or arrange a carrier on your behalf, to dispatch the book/s ordered by you to any UK address you have given in the web order form, inclusive of P&P.
- The price for this service of £5 post and packing is LESS than the actual cost (bearing in mind the likely 2.3kg weight of the WHR Renaissance volume), and thus it applies within UK only.
- For good delivered in the rest of EU, the price shall be the difference between the UK dispatch amount charged of £5, and the actual dispatch price.
- For goods delivered outside of the EU, the dispatch charge will be the actual carriage charge levied by postal authorities or couriers.
- For goods delivered outside of the EU, the consignee is deemed to be the importer, and will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required.
- Delivery will be made after your order is accepted, within 30 days. The delivery times depend entirely on the postal and delivery companies.
- From the moment the goods leave our premises, payment having been processed, you will be deemed the owner of what you have ordered.
Customs charges & VAT
- If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the EU, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination.
- Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you, as we have no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance and import duty. We recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable.
- VAT is chargeable in UK on the component of the carrier’s charges, and those for the packing. We shall only issue a VAT receipt for these amounts if requested by you through firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the goods are damaged or defective, or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Adlestrop Press shall have no liability to you unless you notify the problem, in writing to email@example.com within 10 working days of the delivery of goods in question. Please note in association with this paragraph Paras 4i/4kiii.
- After receipt of the e-mail from Adlestrop Press indicating that the order has been received, if you do not receive goods within 30 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, Adlestrop Press shall have no liability to you unless you notify us of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the e-mail was sent to you.
- The dispatch arrangements are deemed to be negotiated by Adlestrop Press on your behalf (as the owner of the goods). The carrier’s basic compensation arrangements apply for non-delivery.
- You may advise us that insurance arrangements should be applied for the dispatch of the goods – this will be at extra charge.
- In the event of non-delivery being advised, according to Para 8b, under the basic compensation arrangements, such amounts that are recoverable will be made under the carrier’s dispatch arrangements, or if insurance was applied, the amounts recovered from that.
- Adlestrop Press will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem notified under this condition. Adlestrop Press shall have no liability to pay any money beyond that redeemed from the carrier.
- Nothing in this Para, 8, is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded, and nothing in the contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
- Adlestrop Press accepts no additional liability to you for:
- any failure to deliver goods you have ordered
- or liability for any delay in doing so
- or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions proves to be unenforceable (including any provision in which Adlestrop Press excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
The contract between us shall be governed by, and interpreted, in accordance with English law, and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the website, or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law, or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
These conditions MUST be accepted before you can buy a book on this web site.
Please note that you may purchase WHR Renaissance from booksellers and from the Ffestiniog Railway Harbour Station, direct, in person (with no dispatch amount).
Link to the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes: